Thursday, September 11, 2008

Glad that's over.

Six shifts in four days is officially too many for me.

Yesterday, I came in to work to find that I could not be in the med room, I had to work the floor. I don't have a problem with this, except that on Wednesday, our big medication order comes in and now I don't know how to deal with it. So, now I'm picking up yet another shift next Wednesday to learn how to do it. Also, the reasons that I could not work the med cart are as follows:
  • They left a person on the schedule who has never once shown up to work.
  • One person was out sick, but they didn't call in.
  • One person's spouse was in the hospital, but they didn't call in.

I heard "no one told me anything" so many times yesterday, I thought I would lose my mind. Our communication is horrendous.

And they asked me to work this morning. It's 10:48 a.m. I am not at work. I told them I needed my two days off. They are working short this morning and I'm sorry about it, but there's nothing I can do. I need to have my recuperation time, or else I'll be calling in sick and becoming part of the problem.

So, here's the bottom line: every time something happens that I think management needs to know about, I'm leaving a note. If they want to use them as kindling to set themselves on fire, that's fine with me. I think it's about time someone stopped bitching in the break room and started filling the suggestion box.

No comments: