Friday, October 10, 2008

It isn't the residents...

...that burn us out. It's our co-workers and managers.

Three things would make my job easier:
  • Communication
  • Communication
  • Communication

If someone has to leave early, everyone on the floor should know about it. Then we can make sure the residents are taken care of. If only one or two people know, then when the shit hits the fan, we're all in a tizzy trying to clean it up and repair the damage.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not as flexible and forgiving as I could be. I figure if I can work all my shifts, so should everyone else. However, I realize that not everyone is made of the stuff I'm made of and everyone's home life is not as good as mine is currently. I need more patience, I guess.

But if you have to go home, at least let me know.

No comments: