The most important question is "What did I learn this year?" because if you ignore the past, you are doomed to repeat it.
- Fear is a lousy basis for decision making.
- Slow down.
- Ask questions if you don't understand.
- Taking breaks with a resident is good for you and the resident.
- Taking breaks away from the residents is good for you and the residents.
- Taking breaks away from your coworkers is not a bad idea, either.
The second most important question is, "What are my goals for next year?" because floundering through a year without a purpose is a waste of a perfectly good year.
- Go back to working the floor versus working in the med room.
- Take more breaks with my residents.
- Take fewer breaks with my coworkers.
Have a happy and safe New Year celebration. See you next year.