Monday, May 25, 2009

Seeing How the Other Half Lives

Well, after a week off, I'm back at it.

It was very interesting yesterday. When we have two Med Aides, we physically split the Nursing Center in half. They've had me working the same half since March 2. Guess where I was last night?

The other half.

I made it through relatively unscathed. I think the key was not getting frazzled and just working my way through the cart one resident at a time. I didn't get but one break, but then I never do when there's only two of us. And I got done with the last pass on time, which was a gift. Although when I woke up this morning I realized that I hadn't returned my eyedrops to their proper place. They're probably using my name as a swear word right about now.

All in all, it wasn't bad. It was nice seeing the residents that I don't get to talk to much when they have me insulated over on the other side. They seemed happy to see me for a change, too.

***

On another note, we may be losing our ISP as of May 31 which means posts may be sporadic since I'll have to post from the Library. Once we find a new provider and get them out here to set up their equipment, then I'll get back to regular posting.

No comments: