Wednesday, August 3, 2011

To My DON

I realize that you're busy and stressed. I understand that you have more on your plate than most people. I'm aware that each day ends with the same amount of things on your "To Do" list as you started with in the morning. And that's if you're lucky.

Still, when I tell you about an article that I've read and recommend it to you, it would be nice if you'd acknowledge it. If I make a suggestion, even if it's not feasible, I'd like to know you read it. You don't have to even explain why you're not implementing it. A simple, "I got your note," would work for me.

I believe that much of the complaining that we CNA's do is based on the feeling that we're just the "worker bees". We're expected to do the job without any questions or input. If we do say anything, it's just buzzing in your ears, easily shut out by closing your office door.

Just a little acknowledgement would go a long way with me. I'll bet at least a few of my co-workers feel the same.

1 comment:

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Oh my! I wished I had CNA's coming to my office with articles, with new ideas, etc etc.. I am not impressed with that type of DON's or Administrators, or supervisors, etc.

You are a gem, and a blessing to your residents.

Doris