Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Everybody talks about the weather...

but no one ever does anything about it.

I don't know who said that. Maybe one of y'all does.

In any event, we've been waiting for the spring storms to start. In March and April, the weather seems to set up one or two counties east of us, so that the storms miss us, but we still get the swings in barometric pressure. For the last two or three days, the weatherman has been telling us that it was going to storm, but we didn't get anything but clouds and a swinging barometer. Do you know what that does to folks with dementia and arthritis? Wrecks them. The poor residents have been far more confused than usual and taking every tablet and capsule of p.r.n. pain medication that they can get their hands on.

This morning at 3:30, I saw the lightning. If I hadn't been suffering with a migraine myself (somehow my hormonal cycles always line up with the screwy weather), I'd have done a jig. And according to the radar, we're in for hours and hours of it. Good. So today will suck, but tomorrow everyone should be back within normal range. Hopefully this will include myself.

No comments: