Friday, May 2, 2008

Strange experience.

I suppose everyone that works where people have died has a ghost story. I imagine that I'll have more the longer I work in the Nursing Center. But, yesterday was the first time I experienced anything strange.

We were using a lift to transfer a resident from her G-chair to the bed. The roommates wheelchair was sitting facing the shelf that holds the television. As we were working, out of the corner of my eye it looked like a man was sitting in the chair with his head turned and looking right at me. Of course, when I looked full on, the chair was empty.

The odd thing was that just a week or more ago, in another room on the same hall, one of the other aides told me that she thought someone was sitting in the wheelchair in his room as she walked past the door. When she backed up to see who it was, there was no one there.

Power of suggestion? I was not actively thinking about it at the time that I was moving my resident. It could have been my subconcious mind working, but why in a different room? Wouldn't I have gotten that impression in the same room as she had?

No comments: