Sunday, October 4, 2009

This, that and the other.

Ironic item of the week:
I have a resident with dementia who has a tube of perfumed lotion called "Reality" sitting on their bedside table. Honest. I can't make this stuff up.

Two firsts:
I had a resident nearly splash my shoes with vomit. I literally had to jump out of the way.

I was in the room when one of my residents passed away. I haven't had time to sort my feelings out on it, but I'll be blogging about it eventually.

Questions of the week:
Why is it so hard to come to work? Seriously. And where do these people get the money to survive? If I don't work all my shifts, I'm screwed financially. How can you miss two or three shifts a pay period and still get by? How can you miss one shift? (And no, we don't get sick pay.)

No comments: