Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Embarrassment of Riches

We actually had 7 CNA's scheduled last night. Granted, one was an orientee, but she was just new to the facility, not a new CNA.

I didn't know how to act.

I was still busy, but for a change I didn't feel overwhelmed. I was still smiling when I clocked out for the night. This doesn't happen very often anymore.

I know that the DON and ADON feel like they've exhausted their options for hiring. We live in Small Town, America and it's hard to even find enough people to work much less finding good ones. And out here, people don't want to drive to the next hamlet to work. They want to work close to home. But nights like last night are so great I wish we could hire ten more and just keep them around in case we need them.

Well, I enjoyed it anyway. As we know, tonight may be an embarrassment of a different kind.

No comments: