Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sometimes I forget...

...to keep my opinions to myself.

Politics is not something I usually discuss. At all. My knowledge of what is going on in the world is pretty much limited to whatever is blaring over the screens on my resident's televisions and whatever headlines I see on the 'net when I don't get where I want to go fast enough.

Frankly, I'm happy this way.

But the hullabaloo over the Mosque at Ground Zero isn't something I could miss. Everyone from Fox News to Trinity Broadcasting Network had something to say about it.

Personally, I don't care. They can worship wherever they want to as long as they're not hurting themselves or anyone else while doing it.

I made the mistake of saying this in front of a resident's family. A bunch of opinionated Baptists at that, who only watch Fox News and Trinity Broadcasting Network.

Whoops. Won't do that again. I got an earful.

I backpedaled out of it saying I didn't really know what's going on because I didn't watch the news.

Whatever. I still don't care. My primary objective is to take care of their family member to the best of my ability. Nothing else really matters. As long as Mrs. A is comfortable, clean and as healthy as she can be, the rest is just dust in the wind.

Still, I'll be chewing the life out of my tongue the next time something incendiary makes its way to every television station on the planet.

No comments: