Monday, March 14, 2011

You know you're in for a bumpy ride...

...when someone compares their day to the movie Bad Day at Black Rock. (Feel free to Google that. I had to.)

I received a text from one of the girls (OK, "ladies", since she'd have to be older than me to be familiar with that movie) that I work with containing that reference. I told her she was making me really excited to go back to work on Saturday.

The blessing about working the weekend is that I miss a lot of the Monday-Friday drama that goes on. My current schedule is Saturday - Wednesday, so I get the quieter weekend and then I have my days off when the office crew is getting tired and cranky.

In any event, it sounds like today will be interesting. We may be going through a DON change if the rumors are true. Again. I've been there three years and have had as many Administrators and DONs. Although, this pair has stayed on the longest.

All I want to do is go in, take care of my guys and dolls, and go home. I don't really want to hear about a bad day before I get to experience it personally. Sometimes the fear of the ride is worse than the ride itself.

No comments: