Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lack of choices.

Being in rural Oklahoma means you have a limited pool of people to choose from whether you are talking about residents or staff. While we have gotten more residents and more staff, we still need more residents and we need some staff that actually are willing to stay on and work.

We had a CNA walk out on us. So, of course, since it happened on my shift, not only did I have to help cover until one of the CNA's from the next shift came in early, but I also had to attend a pow-wow with the DON because the CNA said she left because the staff was rude to her.

Please.

If I walked out on a job every time someone was rude to me, I'd never work anywhere more than one day. People are rude. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter if it's a resident, coworker, or a family member. One of our other staff members told the DON that "rude" is just an excuse they use because they don't want to work.

Can I hear an "amen"?

Regardless, we now need another CNA. One who will work and not get offended if we aren't mollycoddling them.

No comments: