Friday, October 28, 2011

"Selling Buicks" and Other Not So Fun Body Functions

So, we've got some kind of stomach bug making it's way around work, staff and residents included.  It's just a twenty-four hour thing, but I've been "better" for five days now and I still have waves of nausea now and then.

For the record, I worked through it.  Amazing what enough Dramamine and Immodium will do for you.  Probably why I'm still not over it.  But, everyone got taken care of Sunday and the rest of my week and no one had to cover for me.

I realize I am opening up the "working sick" can of worms again.  If we had enough help, I probably would have stayed home.  Without me there, the facility wouldn't have had the legally required amount of staff.  And, I promise you, NO ONE will cover for you on a Sunday.  So, there's probably someone who is sick just because I carried that pathogen into their room, but the rest of the facility is better off because I was there.

Rock.  Hard place.  I chose the rock.

No comments: