Monday, December 12, 2011

Dirty Old Women

We only have a couple male nurses on staff.  One of them worked last night.

I walked into Mrs. A's room.  She wasn't there, but her walker was.  I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yes?"

"Mrs. A, are your legs still bothering you?"

"Yes."

"Do you need a pain pill?"

"Yes.  And some of that stuff you rub on my legs."

"OK.  The nurse has that.  Let me go tell him."

So, I located the nurse, told him what she needed and returned to the room.

When I arrived, she was sitting on the side of the bed in her nightgown.  As I was watching her take her pills, Mr. Nurse knocked on the door.

Mrs. A looked up and her eyebrows shot up on her forehead.

"Come in.  We're dressed appropriately," she said in her best coquette voice.

I just started laughing.  And she did, too.

"Heh heh heh.  I'll bet he's half my age," she said to me.

Which made me laugh harder.

"Do I even want to know what you're talking about?" Mr. Nurse asked.

"Just you," I said and left him to his fate.

1 comment:

C said...

I feel for Mr. Nurse. I do know that people sometimes get offended when it's a male patient and a female staff. *Wink*