Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pedicure Party and other stuff

So, at 9:30 last night, I'm sitting on a resident's bed painting her toenails. It took all of 10 minutes, but she sure got a charge out of it.

I cajoled another resident into doing what I wanted by invoking her daughter.

"My daughter gets on my nerves!" she said.

The other CNA in the room said, "We'll keep that between me and you, OK?"

I remember thinking that my parents were constantly trying to keep me down and not let me be me. I imagine that's how this woman feels now about her daughter. Funny how we get to a certain point in our development and then start to shift backwards.

It also never fails to amaze me how passing gas is so amusing. I guess if you can't control it, you might as well laugh at it.

My brain is all over the place today. I'll try reining it in tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments: