Monday, February 2, 2009

Just another crazy night

I don't know what was going on last night, but no one was acting normal. I had people who don't normally want to go to bed, ask to be put to bed. I had residents in loads of pain for no apparent reason and I couldn't get past one room in less than ten minutes while passing meds. I even ended up helping on the floor a little because the call lights were bonkers.

I wonder if they were drowning in the staff's stress last night. It was pretty high because the schedule was changed and folks weren't told like they should have been. Unfortunately, when we're upset, even if we don't say anything, the residents can still tell we're not happy. We need to do a better job of leaving our baggage at the door and picking it back up on the way out.

No comments: