Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally, I can laugh.

I used to get in trouble for laughing. Apparently, if you're at work, you're not supposed to find anything funny. Now, granted, my laugh is loud and attracts attention but if something's funny, it's funny and I will laugh at it. Even when working at the C-store, I'd get the frowny face from my manager if I started laughing.

At the Nursing Center, I can laugh. Especially if I can get a resident to laugh along with me. Laughter is a good sound and the more smiles, the better.

Yesterday, one of the very confused ladies came over and sat next to us while we were eating supper. She lifted up the edge of the table cloth and tried to look under it.

I said to Aaron, "She's trying to look under your skirts," which scored a laugh from everyone at the table, including the resident and the kitchen staff who were cleaning up around us. This went on for a couple minutes, with the resident still goofing around and us making jokes.

I've never had a job where I've laughed as much as I have at this one.

No comments: