As much as we may like to talk, we need to remember that the residents are not a receptacle for every bit of verbal garbage that we have. They don't need to know the following:
- Your sexual orientation.
- How many baby daddies you have.
- How you feel about the Nursing Center's administration.
- All your thoughts on God.
- Your personal problems.
- How you feel about the other residents.
- How you feel about your coworkers.
Seriously. If I told you how many times a resident has told me "So and So said such and such" and then proceeded tell me how upset they felt about it, you'd be amazed. I apologize frequently for the crazy stuff my coworkers say.
If you want to spout off to your coworkers, your friends or your family, knock yourself out. Don't lay it on the residents. They have enough to contend with already.