Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A few funnies before I start the "week".

My weeks are four days on, two days off. Tomorrow is my Monday.

***

Mrs. A said to me "I think I'm over that disease now."

Knowing her diagnoses and knowing that nothing she has can be "gotten over", I asked, "What disease is that?"

She looked at me for a moment and said, "That disease where you get the book and read about it." (I assume she's talking about the booklets the doctors sometimes give you.)

***

"Where am I?" Mrs. B asked me.

Thinking she was confused, I said "You're at the Nursing Center."

She laughed. "I know. I just wanted to know if you knew where I was."

***

I lack a sense of where my body is in space. I would have made a terrible gymnast or ballerina. Thank goodness I'm too fat for either one of those professions.

Anyway, I tripped over Mrs. C's wheelchair.

"Ugh," I said, disgusted. "That was a nice trip."

"Kick it again!" Mrs. C said.

Returning to the chair, I asked, "Oh, once for you?" and booted the seat.

No comments: