Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I figured it out.

I know why I like the mean, nasty residents.

Because I'm mean and nasty myself.

Prepare yourself before I tell this story because some of you are going to be offended.

Ready?

The other day shortly after I came on shift, my charge nurse came up to me and asked me to give Mrs. A some pain and anxiety medication.

"Wow, she must really be hurting." I said. This isn't unusual for this resident, but it doesn't happen every day.

"Yes and she's having behaviors. She peed on a Nurse Aide and told her she deserved it."

"Well, did she?" (I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad that this was my first question.)

The nurse made that disgusted sound you make when you can't believe what just came out of the other person's mouth.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"Jane Doe."

First I laughed and then I said. "Awesome. She does deserve it. In fact, we should let a few more residents pee on her."

Yup. I said it. The unfortunate truth is that I've gotten several complaints on this Aide. I've had residents request that she NEVER be allowed to work on their hall again. The sad thing is that she keeps being put on the same hall because she does the least damage there. So, the residents are stuck with her until the glorious day when she decides to quit.

So, now you know. And you young Nursing Assistants out there can start quaking in fear now of the day when I become your resident.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love ya! Keep the day fun and interesting I say! They can't all be 'sweeter than apple pie'! ;D

K. Tree said...

Hehehe. You say that now. I haven't peed on you yet.

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! funny you say that, my mom is a nurse and she said everyday the same lady would pee on her and she just told her 'That's OK M----! It's good luck!'