Thursday, October 14, 2010

Squeezing Out the Sponge

Currently, the gal that works first shift on my med cart and I have the same schedule. The other day she commented that on her first day, she's anxious and upset but by her fourth day, she's calm and ready to have a couple days off. I, on the other hand, come in calm on day one but by day four I'm frustrated and ready to explode.

I don't know how to classify her, but I am a sponge. After two days off, I'm squeezed out, clean and ready to go. By the fourth day at work, I'm full of dirt, half chewed food and nasty dishwater and unable to take on any more.

I'm not sure if this is good or not. What I need to do is figure out a way to speed up the turn around time, so I can squeeze out every day and come in each afternoon, ready to clean up.

I've tried all the healthy coping strategies and at least one unhealthy one. Nothing seems to work for more than a day or two. Maybe that's the key. Keep switching it up so that you don't become immune to any one treatment.

I don't have the answer, yet. I guess, like all of us, I'm day to day.

No comments: