Thursday, April 10, 2008

The first step.

I've been thinking more and more that I need to get control of my health before it really starts controlling me. The first step is to improve the diet.

There's no problem getting enough calories, but the quality is poor at best. I'm increasing my fruits and veggies and reducing my bread. I don't believe in the low carb/no carb stuff, but I do think that bread isn't something that I need at every meal. I won't be giving up pasta just because I love it so much.

I've been unable to find any resources on the 'net that talk about healthy living for healthcare workers. While at it's core it's probably the same as everyone else, I think our jobs are more like what a construction worker does everyday than what an office worker does. Most of the diet and exercise advice online assumes you work in a relatively sedentary job. Being a CNA is everything but sedentary.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: