Monday, August 11, 2008

The pot calls the kettle black...

I had one more set of vital signs to record last night. It was one of our residents with dementia. There's a group of them that hang out together and rarely go to their rooms. I found the resident and two of the six sitting together by the nurse's station.

"Hi," I said. "Can I take your vital signs?"

"Well, sure," says Resident A.

"You can take mine, too," says Resident B.

"OK," I said. "I'll take Resident A's first so I can keep them straight."

"She's gonna keep us straight," says Resident A. "She's gonna make us walk the line."

"Resident A, are you teasing me?" I asked.

Resident B looks at me and says quietly, "No, she's not teasing you. She's just..." and shakes her head, tapping the side of it with her index finger.

No comments: