Friday, August 29, 2008

Slightly O/T-Be careful what you pet.

Apparently the charge nurse on third shift went out to have a smoke the other night. In our courtyard, we have some raised flower beds with a two foot brick wall around them. She was sitting on one, enjoying her cigarette when Bubba, the resident cat, came up to her. She reached down to pet him. Good thing she looked before she touched him. It wasn't Bubba. It was Pepe LePew. She said she froze in place and waited until he wandered off.

I don't know how it normally is, but all my experiences with skunks have been just like that. They don't seem to be afraid of humans. They aren't aggressive toward them, but it doesn't seem to bother them that we share space with them. I've even had them continue walking toward me after they've seen me instead of walking away. My understanding is that if they stamp their feet at you, you'd better head for the hills, though.

1 comment:

allie d said...

HOLY COW! Even though they stink, they're kinda cute.