Thursday, July 17, 2008

"I just got a sideshow!"

We are decidedly feeling the effects of a full moon. Last night one of the residents thought it would be a good idea to walk down the hallway without any pants. At the time, I was in the room across the hall helping one of the other residents get ready for bed. I heard the flasher's door open and I knew what was probably going to happen, but I was in the middle of a transfer and it was not possible to leave the room.

I had two residents comment on it. One was a resident known for letting it all hang out. (The pot calling the kettle black, as it were.) The other resident had just gotten back from church. Living in a nursing center, you'd think that nothing would surprise them, but apparently this was an amazing event. What could I say? I apologized and explained that the flasher was confused.

I used to say that when I got old, I hoped my mind went before my body. I have decidedly changed my mind.

No comments: