Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pie in the Sky

At full capacity, I think our Nursing Center can hold around ninety residents. Two days ago, I actually heard this come out of our DON's mouth.

"I'd like to have 4 CNA's on 3, 4 CNA's on 4, and 2 CNA's on 2, 3 CMA's and 3 Nurses per shift."

Wow. We'd have the happiest resident's in the state with that amount of help. And no excuses about why something didn't get done or someone didn't get the care they needed or wanted.

If that's the goal, I'm for it. The real issue is attracting employees. What we need to do, is find out when career day is at the high schools and start talking up our jobs. Surely there are kids out there who want to do the kind of work we do. Granted, it's not a job that will make you rich, but it does give you a lot of joy and personal satisfaction. It's all about what's important to you.

Well, there's the pie in the sky. I wonder if we'll ever get a taste of it.

No comments: