Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's best

Shouldn't the goal always be what's best for the resident?

One of our aide's yesterday suggested to a resident's daughter that a Wound Center in the city might be able to help her parent. But she told the daughter not to say anything to the management at our Nursing Center because she "might get in trouble".

I'd like to think that we're above all that. The primary goal should be to get the resident's well that can get well and comfort the ones that can't.

This wasn't a case where the aide told the daughter to take her parent away and never bring them back. Just a suggestion on where they could go for more specific help for their particular problem.

I am starting to think some of my co-workers are paranoid. I speak my mind. If that gets me fired, so be it.

No comments: