Saturday, January 10, 2009

This 'n that

Well, I've already managed to upset one of my coworkers because of my Frankenstein Finger. I asked to be left on the med cart instead of working the floor. In the 10 months I've been there, I've never asked for a specific assignment. I've always worked wherever they've put me, sometimes switching multiple times or floating during my shift. Yet, somehow I'm the bad guy and I was asked if I went to the doctor. If they ask me again, I'm just going to rip off the bandage and show it to them. I ended up helping lift some of the resident's anyway and had to put a third layer of bandages on so I wouldn't become a walking bio hazard.

***

On another front, I was given information and asked specifically to keep it quiet. So, I did. Two days ago, another aide comes up to me and said, "I heard so and so is changing shifts."

"Really?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Yep. That's what JoJo the idiot circus boy told me."

"Well, we need better help on that shift anyway. It might be a good thing." I said.

If it's a secret, how come people who shouldn't know about it are filling me in?

***

Resident comment:

"Well, with those ear bobs he wears, it's not a girlfriend you should be looking for, it's a boyfriend."

"Really?" (I say "really?" a whole, whole lot. It allows me to agree to disagree without offending anyone.)

No comments: