Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Days off.

More than any job I've ever had, this one requires days off. When I hear about these aides that work 12, 15, 20 days in a row, I can't understand how they do it. The most I've done in a row was 10. It was incredibly hard and I was impressed that I made it through. To work more than that would have pushed me over the edge, probably into sickness.

I'm trying very hard not to catch the cold that's going around. I'm eating my fruits and veggies and taking vitamin C every day. Did I mention that the aide that worked the 20 days in a row has the cold?

There's nothing wrong with working an extra shift here and there to help out, but to work yourself into short-temper, injury, or illness isn't good for you, your family, your co-workers or your residents.

No comments: